I’ve been thinking that this should be the year our school finally joins the growing number of #classblogs out there. This is how we are going to do it.
1. As the above image hints we will be using Posterous as our blogging platform. We are familiar with it and although I wouldn’t be able to manage all other teachers class blogs (like edublogs could do) I still think the basic management tools for each blog are sufficiently powerful to make it worthwhile as our main tool.
2. Come up with a common naming strategy for classblogs around the school. This will help when students need to know what posterous email address to use when submitting a blogpost.
3. Setup a common clearing house (preferably a masterblog) containing links to all the other classblogs.
4. Establish guidelines for students (no surnames mentioned on blogs – esafety and all that)
5. Link all blogs to twitter accounts and follow them from the school account
6. Have fun!
As soon as we are up and running I will begin posting links to #classblogs.